Sunday, September 19, 2010

Up up and away...

I've been obsessed with hot air balloons for as long as I can remember. I've always wanted to go out to the big festival out in New Mexico, but I've never had the chance. So when I found out that Saint Louis had their own balloon race I got super excited. I didn't go to the race, but I went to the balloon lighting which was one of the coolest thing I've ever been to.

Please love me as I've had this song stuck in my head ever since....



Anywho, enough with the Nancy Sinatra...

Please ignore all the dust in the pictures...apparently it's from the smoke the balloons create.







Oh and meet my new alter ego...Funnel Cake Face. I go around acting all ninja like and being over all awesome. That is until my new camera's screen cracked mysteriously. Sad face.





What did ya'll do this weekend?

5 comments:

  1. I have never had a funnel cake :( Isn't that a sad existence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a bit sad, but I wouldn't have had it if I had been sticking to our diet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how fun!! it makes me think of the owl city song appropriately called "hot air balloon" :)

    and i think i more prefer the fried dough to the funnel cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is this fried dough you speak of?

    ReplyDelete
  5. fried dough is very similar to funnel cake in that it is fried in hot greasy unhealthy oil and doused in delicious powdered sugar. the difference is it is literally a piece of dough spread out flat and left to fry. think personal pizza crust size or smaller sometimes. my grandfather would make it for us all the time when i was younger. it's delicious.

    so funny you've never heard of it!!

    ReplyDelete