Monday, September 13, 2010

There is hope...

For those of you who are waiting for their knight in shining armor, their stupid shiny Volvo owner, and their boy with the bread, never fear, there is still hope that chivalry is not dead.

Tonight at the Mercantile Library, there was a lecture from some important historian and it was a full house. No where to sit at all. Two girls came straggling in late and started to stand in the back. Two guys, from totally different sides of the room, stood up and offered their seats to these girls. It was a simple gesture, but it melted my heart and showed me that in fact, chivalry is not dead.


Picture from The Confidentials

4 comments:

  1. It's refreshing when something like that happens! On my campus a girl is lucky if a guy even holds a door open for her after he walks in a building. Nevertheless, there are good ones out there still!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I love that story so much!

    The bank I go to has heavy glass doors. VERY often when I approach the entrance someone will hold the door open for me. Isn't that just so nice? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! I def needed to hear that, there are some great guys out there, I just have no clue where they are :-)

    ReplyDelete