Monday, September 6, 2010

PB&J

So my friends, I have a love of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I ate these things every single day back of school...there was a rare break for bologna or turkey sandwiches here or there...but they've been a constant in my life. When I don't know what to fix, I always fall back on them. The peanut butter has to be Skippy's Honey Roasted and the jelly would be preferably be one of the following: grape, strawberry, apple, apricot, strawberry rhubarb, or huckleberry. But why are we talking about PB&Js?




Because no one makes them better than my Daddy O! He's got the proper portions of both peanut butter and jelly that I can't seem to recreate. I love my Daddy O and miss him dearly. I can't wait to go home in November to get a delicious Daddy PB&J.






And here's hoping he won't kill me for posting this picture of him sleeping with my puppy.

Anybody else crave things that only their parents can make just right?

4 comments:

  1. Girl. I love a good PB&J. You know what else is good? Almond Butter...with blackberry jam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom makes some delicious bread crumb chicken. it's boneless and she takes all the skin and fat off of it, drenches them in an egg wash then covers it in bread crumbs (from a can, haha) something about how she cooks it just makes it amazing. always have them with mashed potatoes too, mmm..

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMM, almond butter and blackberry jam. That sounds amazing. Adding those to my grocery list. Oh and Meghan...bread crumbs from a can are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mm it's amazing how parents can make things better than when we try to recreate them. I think it's the love they put into it!

    I've been living on PB&J's lately. My mom makes her own jam so I either have strawberry or blackberry. Mm Mm Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete