Thursday, August 12, 2010

Georgia On My Mind

So tomorrow, Friday the 13th (dun dun dun), I'm moving to St Louis. Besides my family and friends that I'll miss (because that's a given), here are the creature comforts and familiar places that I'll miss...

1. The glow in the dark stars on my ceiling. I've had these suckers up since 7th or 8th grade. That means they've been sticking up there at least 13 years. I'll miss gazing at these at night.

2. My puppy, Patches. Well, technically he's not a puppy, he'll be 15 in November, but he'll always be a puppy to me.




3.


Thanks Skyscraper Forum for the picture.


The Bank of America building in Atlanta...or as I refer to it, the Pencil Building. Seriously, it looks like a pencil at the top. I can't stand Bank of America, but the building is so pretty when all lit up at night.

4. My swimming pool and hot tub in my backyard. I'm seriously a pool snob, I've had a pool in my backyard since I was 10. I love being able to sit in the pool during the summer reading a book on the edge. During the winter, one of my favorite things to do is get in the hot tub and stare up at the pretty stars while looking at my breathe get all frosty. I'll miss this.

5. Waffle House. Don't knock it. It's amazing, with their scattered and covered hashbrowns and waffles...not that I can finish either when I order them together.

6. Mayfield Milk. The magical milk in the magical yellow jug in which no other milk can compare. I can drink a gallon of milk all by myself in half a week, and I'll going to be going through withdrawals.



7. Race Trak Icees. They don't have them out in St. Louis and my heart hurts thinking about it :(


8. Chick-fil-a. They don't have these things out in St. Louis. I was raised on them and Truett Cathy, the founder, has such an amazing business ethic that I admire so much. Their lemonade is to die for.

9. My happy yellow house. It always looks cheery no matter how gloomy it is. I feel like you can see how much love went into the house, even from the outside.

10.

99x. I'm a total 99x girl. I've been listing to them since they first started up in the 90s, followed them on the Internet when they took a couple year vacation, and talked them up so much when they returned to the air. I'm a loyal 99x listener and will always be. I'll be listening to them stream online, but I'm sad that I won't be able to rock out in my car

6 comments:

  1. Yay for new adventures! I wish you luck in St. Louis.

    I love Bank of America, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK!!!

    You are going to do amazing in St. Louis!!

    I want your new address as soon as you have it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's talk about how much Georgia is going to miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I LOVE glow-y ceiling stars! I actually found some glow-in-the-dark paint, and I used it to paint stars on my kids' ceilings with a stencil. Zach Face has them in his room, and they are still in Lauren's former bedroom, too!

    I wish I could get milk in a magical yellow jug! I'll never again be satisfied with boring white milk jugs!

    My house is happy yellow too! Every time I've considered painting it a different color I quickly decide NO WAY!

    Good luck with the move! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooove glow in the dark stars! I use to have them in my room. Now they are in my car. 8)

    I'm sure everything will be wonderful with the move and you will find more amazing things to experience!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo chick-fil-a sounds so good right now!

    ReplyDelete