Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Good Word



Ever get that feeling when you're bogged down, that you can't breathe? That you're sinking instead of swimming? I feel like that a lot. I've never been one to handle stress well. I was the kid in second grade with stomach ulcers because the teacher stressed me out so much.


This semester, I have vowed to myself that I'm going to swim, not sink. To take deep breaths, and basically not be one big ball of giant stress. I've started a journal that I'm collecting quotes to help me along the way. Just happy little sayings that will put my mind at ease, make me laugh, or smile...even if it is just for a second.


I was wondering if ya'll could do me a favor. Would ya'll mind leaving a quote or two or three (really, however many you'd like) in the comments so I can add them to my book? They can be from tv, movies, songs, scripture. Really anything. I would very much appreciate it.


I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday.

XO,
~E

5 comments:

  1. Hang it there! I love quotes, so here are some of my favorites...

    You can make many plans, but the Lord's purpose will prevail.
    - Provers 19.21

    Remember that there is only one important time, and that time is now. The most important one is always the one you are with. And the most important thing is to do good for the one who is standing at your side. For these are the answers to what is most important in the world. This is why we are here.
    - Jon Muth

    Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful.
    -Annette Funicello

    A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.
    - William Shedd

    Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Don't search for the answers now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything.
    - Rainer Marie Rilke

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quotes too! And I too like writing them down with pen & paper in a journal. But I also have a word doc to help me remember my favorites. So here we go. Oh, and I didn't know if there was a theme, so these are just at random. :)

    "Do not demand that things should happen just as you wish, but wish them to happen just as they do, and all will be well." -Epicetetus

    "Be present in all things and thankful for all things"
    — Maya Angelou

    "This place where you are right now,
    God circled on a map for you."
    -hafiz

    ...So I realize I am in danger of just copying my whole long word.doc! So if you don't mind...I'll just email you my quotes list for you to peruse at your leisure! I'd love to hear which ones strike you in particular. They all get to me differently on different days. :)

    Love you, Elyse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I love quotes. I write them down all the time--I will try to send you more when I think about it, but here is the first one that popped into my head:

    "Have no envy, and no fear."-Joshua Radin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love inspirational quote & I will be back with more, promise.

    But for now just remember every week/day that you do survive brings you closer to the light at the end of grad school's tunnel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. INCOMING CHEEEEEESE!
    "Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game."

    ReplyDelete