Thursday, January 12, 2012

Catching up...

Boy, oh, boy has it been a long time since I've updated. I'm so sorry that I've been away. I've missed ya'll! I won't make this post long windish, but I just thought I'd fill ya'll in on what's been going on.

I stopped getting on blogger for a bit, back in October, because I got really sick. I had asthmatic bronchitis, but it seemed to linger a bit too long. I missed an entire week of school (something I've NEVER done before...I only missed 3 classes in undergrad) and work. Then my parents came into town to take care of me. Okay, well they were planning on coming into town anyways, but their timing was perfect. So after that, I spent the rest of the semester catching up with my assistantship, and schoolwork. Which brings us to the holidays. Which were one whirlwind of a time. I got to go back home to Georgia for three glorious weeks, and I'm just getting back into the swing of things ready to start my last semester in grad school on Tuesday! AHH!

I don't want to end this post on a downer, but I'm going to, since it's important to me. One of my childhood friends passed away yesterday. We had known each other since first grade. She was born with spina bifida and had been in and out of hospitals for years. I let our friendship dwindle once I went to college. It wasn't that I had time for her, it was just that we were in two different phases in life. We kept in touch through letters and texts. She always had a dear place in my heart, but I also always took it for granted that she would be there. I learned today that friendship should not be taken for granted. I will always carry her in my heart, but today, my heart feels a bit heavier for her loss. If ya'll wouldn't mind, please say a quick prayer for my friend's family.

Thanks ya'll...and I promise, I'll be around more.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about the loss of your sweet friend.

    I'm glad you got well and had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my heart wants to hug yours but I'll let the internet do it instead {*HUG*}

    ReplyDelete