Monday, October 17, 2011

abcs of me


I couldn't resist joining in on this post any longer...so here we go, the ABCS of Me :D






Age: 24

Bedsize: Queen.

Chores that you hate: I hate having to drag my laundry to the basement of my apartment building. So I usually try to get away with doing laundry only once a week.

Dogs: Zero. I lost my beloved Patches earlier this year.

Essential start to your day: Coffee and a phone call to my Mama.

Favorite color: I have a lot of favorite colors. When I was little they were "lime green and a sickly shade of orange". Now I love yellow and blue.

Gold or Silver: It depends on my mood. Can I cheat and say White Gold?

Height: 5'-10"

Instruments you play: I played the clarinet when I was younger. I also took guitar lessons, and I'm hoping to brush up on my skills (or lack there of) soon.

Job title: Graduate student and Curatorial Assistant

Kids: I love kiddos. I worked in an elementary school for 4 1/2 years and nannied over the summer. I'm not ready for my own kids yet, but I love "borrowing" them for a few hours.

Live: I live in Georgia, but I stay in the midwest.

Mother's Name: Mama, Mumsie Dearest...Linda.

Nicknames: Oh goodness, there are a lot. Elysie Piecie, Ese, Esies, Pumpkin, JD, OCJD, E, Lilster, Dipstick, Doodlebug, Angel Baby, Lyse, Goober Twin, Belyse...and the list could go on and on.

Overnight hospital stays: None...thank goodness.

Pet peeves: When people smack on their gum! Ugh. Oh and when people disrespect books.

Quote from a movie or tv show: "I've always felt out of step. Like literally stumbling through my life. I never felt normal. Because I'm not normal. I don't want to be."

Right or Lefty: I'm a righty...but I use my left hand sometimes too.
Siblings: I'm an only child.

Time you wake up: 6:45 AM on days I have to work...the other days, just whenever I wake up.

Underwear: From Target.

Vegetable you hate: English peas...gag.

What makes you run late: Deciding I hate my outfit, or watching too much tv while getting ready.

X-Rays You've Had: What have I not had an xray on? My foot, ankle, arm, chest cavity, back, head...you name it I've had it.

Yummy food you make: I think I'm a pretty good cook. I make some killer Italian food...homemade sauce is a must.

Zoo Animal: Besides otters...zebrahs of course! And yes, I spell zebrahs how phonetically.

6 comments:

  1. My kitchen is yellow and blue!

    Sometimes I smack on my gum! Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I might steal this.
    2. I know that quote!
    3. Remind me to tell you about the tall girls club some time.
    that's all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *knocks on wood that we continue to not have hospital stays between us*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three things:

    1. I am jealous of your height. I am 5' 7 1/2" (I claim the half inch because it was my official height on my volleyball roster), but wouldn't mind being a bit taller.

    2. I didn't know you worked at an elementary school and were a nanny. Fun! I bet the kids loved you.

    3. That is a lot of nicknames. Only cool people have that many nicknames. Therefore, you are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that your nickname is pumpkin!
    I've also never stayed overnight in the hospital for me.
    I really need to learn how to make awesome homemade sauce. asap.
    I hate when people smack their gum. I truly hate hearing people chew period.
    Also, English peas? Why do I now know what these are?
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually didn't know a lot of these! and i have known u forEVER lol. :)

    ReplyDelete