Friday, June 3, 2011

Where the Wild Things Are...

The second day in San Diego was even better than the first.


The first stop of the day was at the San Diego Zoo. It's $40 to get in, but it was worth every penny of it. There is 100+ acres of land to explore with tons of cute baby animals. The zoo makes it easy to see everything with a double decker bus and a sky taxi. My favorites had to be the giraffes, zebras, polar bear,and the baby panda.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




And for my Harry Potter people...I couldn't resist.

Photobucket





After walking about the zoo, we decided to go to Point Loma. It's absolutely gorgeous out there. We were too late to see the tide pools, but just sitting on the rocks, gazing out into the sea, made up for it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

There are two lighthouses there. One ran by the coast guard and the Old Point Loma Lighthouse. I love lighthouses and fell in love. Did ya'll ever see the new version Yours, Mine and Ours, when the family movies into an old lighthouse. I would love to do that.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Our last adventure on Saturday was to meet up with the lovely Kelsey. Kelsey and I have been talking for a while and I knew I had to meet up with her when I decided I was going to California.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wish we lived closer, because I could totally see myself hanging out with her. But since we don't, yay for skype!

Stay tuned for Day 3...

1 comment:

  1. Awww loving the animals and LOVING the water pics! So pretty. I love light houses!

    Also, bloggy friends meeting in real life? Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete