Thursday, June 9, 2011

O Solo Mio

The last day of my San Diego adventure was just a continuation of the awesomeness of the days before.

Karen and I started the day off by going to Coronado Island. What does one do when they go to Coronado? Well they go to The Hotel Del of course. I have been wanting to go to The Hotel Del since I was little. I first saw it on one of those haunted shows on the Travel Channel way back in middle school. It's beautiful and is very old Hollywood. One day, when I have some money and I'm not on a grad student's budget, I'm going to stay there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



After leaving the glitz and glamour of The Del, Karen and I went and had a date with the lovely Columbo. Okay, so it wasn't really a date, but he was our gondelier on our gondola ride. He took us around the bay on Coronado and sang "O Solo Mio" to us. So romantic. Haha, too bad I was with Karen (just kidding Karen).






After our ride, we decided to see what the tide was like at Point Loma since we missed the tide pools. Sadly we missed it again, but we did get to walk a little further than we had before. I think this place may be my favorite place to visit.





Finally, Karen and I went to the boardwalk for dinner and to ride rides. It was stereotypically Californian and I loved it. I loved seeing the rollerbladers and people exercising. I would rollerblade everday if I lived there. We also see this guy dislocate his knee and pop it back into place. It was gross, but kind of cool at the same time. So random.

We hit the bed early since we had to drop off the rental car at 6:30 am and hit our early morning flights. It was quite a horrid day of travel, but I didn't let that ruin my weekend.

San Diego, I will be back. And Karen, you've got yourself a travel buddy for life.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you went on a gondola ride! & that he sang to you ladies, too cute!

    One day I'll make it out to San Diego, it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to meet up with you in SD if you go again while I'm out there!! Unfortunately I wasn't in Cali at this time or else you know I would have. Well, let's make plans to meet up soon, I'm in N. Mississippi until September... :)

    ReplyDelete