Wednesday, May 25, 2011

America's Finest City

A long time ago, over spring break, I developed a wild hair. I wanted to get to California. I'd been to Washington and Oregon, so I wanted to completed the trifecta of the mainland Pacific States. I promised my parents I wouldn't take a trip to California by myself, but who to go with? My lovely friend, Karen, popped into my head. I randomly called her and invited her. Thankfully she said yes! So now that I had a travel buddy, I could start planning the trip. But, where to go? I did research on San Francisco and Los Angeles. Both were so expensive. Then I remembered the town of San Diego. Hmm, prices aren't that bad. Could I do it? Sure, why not. Fast forward to May 20th and I was on a plane to America's Finest City!

After meeting up Karen at the airport and spending $26 on a cab to get to our hotel, we decided it might be more economical to rent a car. That process took up a big chunk of our day, but after that we started our San Diego adventure.

First stop on our tour was the famous In N' Out. There are legends about this burger, and after eating one. I understand people's love of them.












Next stop and the final one of the day, was the Padres vs Mariners game. I highly recommend going to a game. It's cheap $13.50 for nosebleed sections and on Fridays there are Friday Night Fireworks.










Worn out by a day of travel and being up for 14 hours, Karen and I decided to go to bed so we could continue on with the next day's adventure. Here's a hint to day 2's adventures...we ended up hanging out with a couple of wild things.

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Can't wait to read about day 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss Cali! Even in the 2 times I've traveled out there, I have yet to try In N' Out! Sad times. One day!

    Can't wait to read about the rest of your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Burgers, baseball and fireworks - all in one day? YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete