Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Secret Recipe

Hey gurrrrrrrls, Kelsey here - So excited to be posting on Elyse's blog today, I just love it. Thought I'd share with you guys a recipe for one of my favorite things on the face of the planet - a perfect girls' night in. I love girls' nights. Whether it's going out for dinner, out to the bar for a drink and some dancing, or hanging out in sweats on the couch, as long as you are surrounded by a great group of girlfriends you are bound to have a great time. (unless someone spits gum in your beautiful long hair when you are out, which happened to my friend Ali, total night ruiner). As much as I love going out with my girlfriends, I secretly am a bigger fan of a night in. No fancy clothes, high heels, make up or perfect hair.


Anyways ... back to the recipe for a perfect girls' night in, according to me, since I'm obviously an expert at having a good time, duh.





Recipe: Fail Proof Girls' Night In


From the kitchen of: Kelsey @ Eat, Drink, Be a Tourist



Ingredients for your "main dish":
1 group of girlfriends
1 pair ultra comfy sweatpants
1 super soft hoodie

1 pair girly slippers / uggs
1 dvr with recordings of reality tv shows ie: The Bachelor, The Jersey Shore, Cupcake Wars, etc. and/or an assortment of rom coms
1 couch and/or love sac, love seat, big fluffy pillows and cozy blankets (if cold)







girls night in






Additional ingredients - feel free to be creative with your "side dishes":
1 - 3+ bottles of wine (depending on # of friends in attendance)
assortment of chocolate candies
cold fuji apples
wheat thins
an assortment of cheeses (my favorites = blue cheese, cheddar, muenster, swiss)




food




Combine all ingredients together. Add lots of great conversation, laughs, inside jokes and silly dance moves to songs that bring back funny memories. Serve with a warm heart and big smile. Enjoy!



Cheers,


Kelsey

5 comments:

  1. This is great! Very cute! I'm sending this link to my sister, lol and a few friends! We are all long over due for a girl's night! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Everyone needs a girls night in sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true, kels! and i am now obsessed with that hoodie. this will have to be done for the bachelor finale!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh love this! I wish I had more girl friends to do nights in with the girls. Cheese, wine, and chocolate? I'm all over it!

    ReplyDelete