Saturday, January 15, 2011

Georgia on my Mind...

So, I know I've already done one of these posts about how much I love Georgia...but guess what?? I'm doing another one. Anyways, that's my ode to Georgia for the moment. I love being a Georgia Peach, even though technically we don't grow the most peaches. That'd be California. Really we grow the most peanuts, but nobody wants to be a Georgia Goober. I love my home state so much and I miss it. So here's a list of why Georgia is awesome.






  • Georgia is attracting a lot of super cool production companies. Just a few shows/movies that are/were filmed here. The Vampire Diaries (filmed the next town over from my house), The Dukes of Hazzard, Deliverance, Glory (actually filmed 5 minutes from my house), all the Tyler Perry stuff, potentially The Hunger Games, Zombieland. Just to name a few, but the list goes on longer.



  • We have super cool songs written about us: Georgia on my Mind --I adore both the original and Buble's version; Statesboro Blues -- Allman Brothers are a must; The Devil Went Down to Georgia; Midnight Train to Georgia; The Night the Lights Went out in Georgia; Why Georgia.



  • My family and friends live there...but that's just an obvious reason.



  • People in Georgia are actually polite. I know that not everyone from the south will ask you "How are you?" and genuinely mean it or say "yes ma'am" or "no sir", but it's more common than anywhere else I've been. Being in the Midwest has made me miss this southern hospitality.



  • Super cool people are from or live in Georgia. I.e. Me (just kidding, but seriously), Ludacris, Usher, the Biebs (don't judge us for that one), Ryan Seacrest, Jimmy Carter, Paula Deen...just to name a few.

  • Picture via...

  • I know a lot of people can say this, but I love the history. I worked in the town where Gone with the Wind was based. I worked right down the street from Ashley Oak's plantation. Yes, he's real. Sherman burnt down where I live. I love on old Plantation land. It's just teeming with history.



Image via...

  • The trees. Georgia has beautiful trees...which is something severely lacking in the Midwest.

Alrighty, that little rant is over. But seriously, I do love Georgia.

3 comments:

  1. But you are a Goober....you're my Goober!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a truly beautiful place. I can understand why you miss it!

    ReplyDelete