Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Club Di Giulietta

Today was a marvelous day. Why you ask? Because I was off from work and dedicated the day to myself. I went grocery shopping, got a pedicure, and finally watched Letters to Juliet.


I'm not here to write a review on the movie, because goodness gracious was it sappy and the last line was hysterical, but really I wanted to talk about the Club Di Giulietta. There really is a club based out of Verona that acts as Juliet's secretaries. I've been obsessed with this since seeing it on the travel channel many many moons ago. So guess what, I wrote a letter to them...and I got a reply. Yes, I wrote a letter to some random lady pretending to be Juliet in Verona about my love life. Haha, or actually, it was more like the lack there of. Anyways, it's a pretty neat experience. I got a reply that was so sappy, that my heart hurt, and I even got a sticker out of.


Here's the address if you want to write to Juliet:
CLUB DI GIULIETTA - THE JULIET CLUB
via Galilei 3 - 37100 Verona



I know it's a silly little thing to do, but it's a lot of fun. Let me know if you decide to write and get a reply.

3 comments:

  1. I am very curious as to what they wrote back! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that existed! I am so going to write a letter--who doesn't need a little kitschy fun in their life?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I agree that "Letters to Juliet" was super duper sappy, but I'm a sappy kind of girl and it made me cry and I kinda loved it! :D

    ReplyDelete