Saturday, November 13, 2010

Babies of the 80's

Being born in 1987, I didn't get to get feel the full effect of the 80's. But having spent 2 1/2 years in the 80's, somethings have rubbed off. Besides my love for 80's music, my love extends to yummy 80's drinks...like Five Alive! Seriously, they stopped selling this stuff in Georgia ages ago and I stumbled across it in Missouri last week. I bought four things of it, just incase it disappeared over night. You'll be happy to know, that I've shown self restraint and have only consumed one of these delicious drinks.
But anyways, everytime I drink it, I always hear Something Corporate's Babies of the 80's in my head.


Thinking about the lyrics really made me realize how much the 80's rubbed off on me. I was that little girl in lycra shorts and jelly shoes, I had lenolium floors, played on the slip-n-slide and with nerf, went to Chuck-e-Cheeze and watched Bozo the Clown. So I guess even though I spent a short part of my life in the 80's, I really am a baby of the 80's.

No comments:

Post a Comment