Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I've got a secret...

This post was inspired by Kate's post featuring a Post Secret post. Haha, wow that was a lot of posts.

Anyways, I too love Post Secret and get excited for a new update every Sunday. So, I decided to share a secret with ya'll...I've stole it from someone who is a few steps ahead of me...but it's still my fear just the same.



I'm so afraid of this becoming reality. I graduated with a B.A. Summa Cum Laude, and I'm now in a two year graduate program. Hopefully, one day, after I recover from getting my master's, I will get my Ph.D. But the depressing thought of it all is that I too will be one of those 70 hours a weekers working for $30k if I'm lucky. But you've got to do what you love, right?


So who wants to share a secret?

4 comments:

  1. not much of a secret, but the Post Secret tour is coming to my college next week. where will I be during it? At a conference in CT, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you hit the nail on the head when you talked about loving what you do. I think that if you love what you're doing, no matter the salary or hours, you'll be happy. The person who wrote this secret is probably not in a job they love, unfortunatly. I understand your fear, but I feel positive on your behalf about the future.

    I am glad postsecret inspired us both! It does that so often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog from BBL's blog, and I just started to read (I was sitting through a brainless class at school). This is one of my fears too! Not that I will be making 30k, but I'm getting a degree in accounting and everyone always talks about how much money accountants make, but the offer I signed for my post-grad life isn't much. So I'm just afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chantel, I totally understand. I loved accounting...I did those FBLA competitions in HS and everything, but sadly couldn't get into it at college. I'm a big old chicken when it comes to thinking about the future. Best of luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete