Saturday, July 31, 2010

I Solemnly Swear That I'm Up To No Good.

In honour of the Boy Who Lived's birthday, I must tell you the story of one of the best Christmas presents I ever received. This present was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone from my Grandma. I quickly devoured the book. Harry Potter was one of my first fictional loves, followed shortly by Ron Weasley...I'm a Weasley girl, through and through. When I heard Universal was opening up a Harry Potter theme park, I flipped my lid. So what did I do? I did what ever good Muggleborn witch does...I grabbed my Firebolt and flew straight to Hogsmeade. Brace yourself for the amount of pictures that follows...

My first stop was in Hogsmeade...






I did some shopping at Ollivander's,



Zonko's, Honeydukes,



and sent some owl post at the Owlery.



I also had some lovely Butterbeer. It's this nonalcholic concoction that tastes like cream soda and butterscotch. It was yummy, but I definitely wouldn't be downing that stuff everyday. On the other hand, there was some nice cold pumpkin juice that I could not get enough of. Seriously, they could have set me up on an IV drip with that stuff and I'd be a happy camper.

Then it was straight to Hogwarts to start my wizard's training.



I was greeted by the wonderful Headmaster of Hogwarts, Albus Dumbledore. He made me feel more than welcome as a First Year.



I also met Harry, Ron, and Hermione, who took me on a tour of the castle and grounds. Seriously, if you go on one ride, go on the Forbidden Journey. It gives you a complete tour and you even get to play quidditch (even if the Dementors interfered and tried to kiss me).



Those who sent me their address, let me know when you get your postcard :)

Happy Birthday Harry Potter...and Mischief Managed.

5 comments:

  1. so fun!!! glad you had an magical time =D Some day I will go and taste the amazingness of pumpkin juice and butterbeer!! oh and you know hang out with Dumbledore and Harry, Ron, and Hermione =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT?!? I had no idea there was a Harry Potter theme park! How amazing and fabulous! I'm glad you had such a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I want to go SO bad! One day I will make it there!!! Glad you had such an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete