Thursday, July 8, 2010

23 Random Things

Why 23? Because that's how old I am now. Yep, today is my birthday and I'm officially an old fart. So to celebrate my being old, I figured I'd tell ya'll 23 random things about myself.

1. I've never been kissed.
2. I've never had a boyfriend. Sure, I've been on dates, but nothing that turned
into a relationship. Sometimes I think there may be something wrong with me.
3. I consider myself a Coke Icee connoisseur. I even have a ranking system. The top
three are from Racetrac, WaWa, and 7-11. Only one which is in the state of
Georgia.
4. Bombpops are my favorite thing to get from the icecream man. I will
consistently choose them every time.
5. I have a teddy bear, Cherry, that I've had since I was four. She's a survivor
since she's still intact after an encounter of being run over by a train in
Colorado.
6. I've been to Forks twice, and I'm planning to go out there again with Lauren
either this winter or for Spring Break. I love Washington!
7. I'm double jointed in my toes and I constantly creep people out with them.
8. I cannot pronounce the word cement correctly. Apparently I sound like Ellie Mae saying "cement pond."
9. I also can't pronounce the word pancake...it always comes out pan-a-cake. I really have to think about it when I'm Ihop.
10. My southern accent comes out when I'm stressed, upset, or really excited. My i's and y's are embarrassingly hickish sounding.
11. My favorite bbq joint in the world is Beachcombers on St. Simons Island. I swear I have dreamed about their pulled pork sandwiches.
12. My Paw-Paw taught me how to operate a tractor at the age of three, even though I couldn't reach the peddles.
13. If I were stranded on an island and only allowed one beauty product (outside of soap), it would have to be mascara.
14. I'm still bitter that the tv show American Dreams was cancelled.
15. I think the relationship between Lorelai and Rory Gilmore was based after my Mama's and mine.
16. I like my sweet tea so sweet that it could put me in a diabetic coma. Sad, I know.
17. My favorite city ever is Seattle.
18. I'm proud to be a Georgia Peach and I'm going to be extremely sad when I have to leave Georgia for grad school.
19. My Daddy O and Mumsie Dearest are the role models I base my life upon. If I can grow up to be as half as cool as them, then I'll be happy.
20. My Paw-Paw is one of my favorite people on this planet. He is a retired mechanic and professional drag racer and tells the coolest stories.
21. I love making nicknames up for people.
22. I want to get married in Christ Church on St. Simon's Island...have to find a boy first though.
23. I seriously thought about moving to Savannah and doing historic home renovation by day and being a ghost hunter by night.

So, since I've divulged 23 random things about myself...tell me something random about you :)

6 comments:

  1. I love that you're from the south. I read half of your list with a southern accent in my head and I think I did it completely wrong. And I'm literally watching Gilmore Girls right this moment. And we are in the same boat on #1 and #2. They're out there somewhere, I believe it.
    My random fact about me: I have a dream to go to England someday and fall in love with my husband who will have a full on british accent. I also want to drive across country with my friend in two years after I graduate from college. We will obviously be stopping in Forks and working our way down the West coast.

    And again today:

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you read it in a southern accent. I'm sure you did pretty good :) I also know that they're out there...they're just being annoying and hiding from us :) I love your random facts. I have always wanted to go to England. I'm obsessed with the BBC America. I talk to every British person I can find and say the word banana a lot (it's the only word I can pronounce with an accent). Oh and if you need a tour guide for Forks, lemme know and I'll give you the scoop so you can save $40 bucks and skip the tour. Thanks for the birthday wishes. You're the best Meghan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and just so you know, my birthday is the 20th...not the 8th. I forgot to change stuff around when I posted this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Random fact about me: I cannot bear to think about my best friend leaving in less than a month to start her new life, and am secretly plotting ways to escape Georgia to see her :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've never been kissed! That's so awesome to come out and be upfront with...it's intriguing to me. Are you waiting for your husband?

    You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey JMay! I'm not waiting for my husband, but I don't just want to throw it away on a random guy. I definitely want it to mean something :)

    ReplyDelete