Sunday, May 23, 2010

Practically Perfect

So the past couple weeks have been practically perfect.

My Mama and I went to the Fabulous Fox Theatre to see Mary Poppins. I had been dying to go and I finally finagled my Mama to go with me. I managed to snap a few pictures before security came over and told me to put it up.



The Fox's ceiling is my favorite. It looks like the night sky with twinkling stars and moving clouds. Pretty high tech for a theatre that was built in 1920s.



I realized that I love Mary Poppins as a character, but she would be nothing without Bert.

Another highlight is one of my besties, Stacey O, came down from North Georgia for the weekend too. It was my hometown's annual festival, the Geranium Festival.



Reason number 1 for going?



The tomato and vidalia onion sammich.

Reason number 2?



Funnel cakes!

Is it sad that we went just for the food? I think not.

Other than that, I've been able to spend time with some of my best friends. I'm trying to cram in as much time as I can before I move for grad school in August. With good friends and family, my life is practically perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Sooo fun that you and your Mama saw Mary Poppins! I've never seen the play...only the Disney movie! That theatre is unbelievably gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete