Wednesday, January 13, 2010

So long, farewell...

So this is my last post about the Adventure of EJ...that is until I start feeling nostalgic about the trip and decide to do another post or there is another adventure. Anywho, I won't dilly dally around and I'll get straight to the point.

FOREWARNING: This is probably going to be a long post and I'll probably get pretty sappy :/



As the last days of EJ's marvelous adventure started to end, we decided to ring in the New Year with a bang. We celebrated the East Coast's New Year because we were wimps and tired. However, I can blame the tiredness on being full with yummy Italian food from Bella Italia.



What does a girl order from Bella Italia? The first thing she sees on the menu of course...Mushroom ravioli! And of course two Cokes must be had to go along with it. I am not a big fan of mushrooms, but I conditioned myself the first time I went to Port Angeles so I could at least attempt to eat the dish. Well I fell in love with mushroom ravioli and couldn't wait to have it again this time. It's quite sad, mushroom ravioli is the only thing with mushrooms in it I will eat.



Here we've got a random alley way in Port Angeles. I couldn't resist...



New Years Day, Jana and I woke up uber early and drove the scenic route (the 101) out to Oregon. We could've taken the shorter route down to Portland, but Jana and I wanted to spend as much time along the Pacific as we could. It's an absolutely gorgeous drive. I recommend the long way round to anyone.



One of the main reasons we took the scenic route was so Jana and I would have time to make a stop by Ecola State Park. Yet again, I can't say enough how beautiful it was out there. This picture is of Cannon Beach. Breathtaking! It was well worth the drive, even if it was windy enough to blow me down and muddy my jeans.



Okay, so I must admit, Cannon Beach wasn't the reason we visited to park...it was Indian Beach aka Fake First Beach. Indian Beach is the beach used as a stand in for First Beach Twilight. I totally understand Catherine Hardwicke's shooting struggle now that I've been there. It's beautimous, but boy are the winds deadly. When the rain hits you, it's like being hit with tiny cold stones.


From the park, we headed to Portland. It was my brilliant idea to stay in a hostel. Be forewarned, if you stay with the International Hostel in Portland, they will nickel and dime you for everything. Other than that, Portland was a pretty cool place. Powell's Books is a must as well as Voodoo Dunuts. I highly recommend the Maple Bacon Donut, The Loop, and the Vegan Voodoo. Now, just when you think I've done all the Twilight stuff that is to be done, I pull another one out of my sleeve. Jana and I hit pretty much all the movie spots.




This is the Carver Cafe, where Charlie, Bella, and Stephenie eat. They're a great place for breakfast and their french toast is to die for. It's a small cafe in Damascus, OR. It's pretty tasty, so if you're not a fan of Twilight, the breakfast is worth the trip.


Also if you're in Oregon, you might want to check out St. Helens. Here there is...



Thunderbird and Whale, which is actually a lawfirm...



The Bloated Toad, which apparently you can rent it if you want.



The infamous alley...



The prom dress shop...



The courthouse, which is just briefly seen in the background...


and..........



The Swan House.





In Kalama, WA there is Kalama High School or as I like to call it Fake Forks HS.

Back in Oregon, there is this little place....









The View Point Inn is in Corbett, OR and it's the site of the prom scene. It is absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous. My poor little heart hurt so bad when I went there. I have decided that I'm going to get proposed to there when the right guys comes along. My friends are already on it ;) Sadly the gazebo isn't there anymore, but the Monte Carlo sign still is. I was humming Iron and Wine the entire time I was there.



Last, but not least, is Multnomah Falls. It's just ten minutes down the road from the inn and are the falls in the background of the baseball scene. They're gorgeous. The drive to it is pretty cool too as there multiple waterfalls.

Now my friends, I must end my trip and go back to the real world. I am already longing to go back again. The Pacific Northwest is one of the most breathtaking places I have ever been. Sorry for the long post. Hope you enjoyed.

2 comments:

  1. the long post is totally worth the amazing pictures!! a twilight fans dream trip =D

    glad you had a good time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome to vist MY beach anytime!

    ReplyDelete